Posts Tagged ‘Christian Audigier’
Christian Audigier has sure captured Valentine in all its beauty with this sexy red dress! What do you think?
Buenas tardes compadres! Your Miss Lopez Language Consultant Victoria Gomez here, enjoying the fruits of a hard labor day, alongside her chocolates which she received from a secret admirer today (whoever you are, gracias, you are the best!).
While Miss Lopez is away on corporate speed dating, I thought I would bring you some fun facts about Valentine’s Day. You know, today is not just a commercial day for chocolate factories and flower shops, nor is it just a time for cute couples to manifest their hapiness to the world (as beautiful as I truly think it is). No, 14th of Februrary or Valentine’s Day is originally an annual commemoration of a Christian Martyr named Valentinus (in Latin) who lived somewhere around 200 A.C, and who was rumoured to have been in love with the prison guard’s daughter. It was however not until the Middle Ages that this day became associated with the theme of Love, and that couples started giving each other chocolates and flowers.
Since then, a lot of things have happened as (Saint) Valentine’s Day has become an internationally acclaimed official holiday for the demostration of love (both intimate and platonic). But how many roses do we cut on this day? And who buys the most gifts, women or men?
Here are 5 fun facts about Valentine’s Day that will share some light on this matter and make you ”love-lier” at the same time:
- 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine’s Day are men, while only 27 percent are women. (guys do like flowers alright)
- The Italian city of Verona, where Shakespeare’s lovers Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet every Valentine’s Day.
- On Valentine’s Day, the first guy’s name you read in the paper or hear on the TV or radio will be the name of the man you will marry.
- If you see a goldfinch on Valentine’s Day, you will marry a millionaire. (If you see a sparrow on the other hand, the reverse will happen)
- Worldwide, over 50 million roses are given for Valentine’s Day each year.
Sweet loving everyone! La vida es un enamoramiento en si, remember that!;-)